15 Reasons Why You Should Practice Intuitive Eating
- Intuitive Eating is associated with statistically and clinically relevant improvements in physiological measures (e.g., blood pressure, blood lipids), health behaviors (e.g., eating and activity habits), and psychosocial outcomes (e.g.; self-esteem and body image)
- Diets don’t work and lead to preoccupation with food and your body
- You can develop a healthy, joyful relationship with food, your body and movement
- It can decrease anxiety and depression
- Intuitive eating teaches you to connect your eating with how you feel, paying attention to food and mood, concentration, energy, fullness, satiety, hunger, pleasure, etc.
- Intuitive Eating helps you understand that health is about so much more than food and exercise (stress levels, relationships, career satisfaction, spirituality, mental health and more)
- You can discover what it means to YOU to be well-nourished in all areas of life
- You don’t have to count calories, macros, carbs, etc.
- You’ll have higher self-esteem and better body image
- You can ENJOY food without guilt or shame
- Becoming more mindful and intuitive will translate into all areas of your life
- You’ll have more energy by listening to your body and eating foods that make you feel your best
- You will develop more confidence and trust in yourself
- You will have SO much more space in your life for the things that actually matter
- Your overall quality of life will improve dramatically
So now that you’ve read this Introduction to Intuitive Eating Series (that started with What is Intuitive Eating?), I know you’re wondering, what’s next? How do I REALLY make peace with food and my body? I know you are craving more support because it’s sooo hard to let go of the misguided messages from diet culture. I get you. I’ve been there.
This is why I created a FREE Introduction to Intuitive Eating online course for you!
If you’re ready to take action to heal your relationship with food and your body, enroll in the FREE course today!
This course provides you with 6 days of journal exercises, daily affirmations, lessons and inspiration to help you discover your own definition of health while finding food freedom. You’ll learn:
- What intuitive is and an overview of each of the 10 principles
- How to recognize and reject the diet mentality
- How to set powerful intentions around healing your relationship with food and your body
- Why foods are NOT “good” or “bad”
- How to give yourself unconditional permission to eat anything
- How to tune into your body’s natural signals
I can’t wait for you to join me on this journey!