15 Reasons Why You Should Practice Intuitive Eating
- Intuitive Eating is associated with statistically and clinically relevant improvements in physiological measures (e.g., blood pressure, blood lipids), health behaviors (e.g., eating and activity habits), and psychosocial outcomes (e.g.; self-esteem and body image)
- Diets don’t work and lead to preoccupation with food and your body
- You can develop a healthy, joyful relationship with food, your body and movement
- It can decrease anxiety and depression
- Intuitive eating teaches you to connect your eating with how you feel, paying attention to food and mood, concentration, energy, fullness, satiety, hunger, pleasure, etc.
- Intuitive Eating helps you understand that health is about so much more than food and exercise (stress levels, relationships, career satisfaction, spirituality, mental health and more)
- You can discover what it means to YOU to be well-nourished in all areas of life
- You don’t have to count calories, macros, carbs, etc.
- You’ll have higher self-esteem and better body image
- You can ENJOY food without guilt or shame
- Becoming more mindful and intuitive will translate into all areas of your life
- You’ll have more energy by listening to your body and eating foods that make you feel your best
- You will develop more confidence and trust in yourself
- You will have SO much more space in your life for the things that actually matter
- Your overall quality of life can improve dramatically
So now that you’ve read this Introduction to Intuitive Eating Series (that started with What is Intuitive Eating?), I know you’re wondering, what’s next? How do I REALLY make peace with food and my body? I know you are craving more support because it’s sooo hard to let go of the misguided messages from diet culture. I get you. I’ve been there.
FREE 3 Step Guide to Food & Body Freedom
This is why I created a FREE 3 Step Guide to Food & Body Freedom for you!
If you’re ready to take action to heal your relationship with food and your body, grab your free guide today (BONUS: free audio guide included)!
I can’t wait for you to join me on this journey!