This fresh Avocado Crema is out of this world. You basically will want to put it on any and everything. I packed it with lots of fresh cilantro and flavored it with garlic, lime juice, and jalapeños. Best of all, the avocados make it oh so creamy.
What is avocado crema?
Avocado Crema is pretty much just a creamy avocado sauce, usually flavored with cilantro. It’s a similar concept to sour cream and you use it on a lot of the same things like tacos, taco salads, enchiladas, nachos, etc.
How do you make avocado crema?
Basically, you put avocado, fresh herbs, garlic, lime or lemon juice in a food processor and blend until it’s creamy. I make mine with avocado, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, almond milk, and jalapeno.
Below are 5 amazing ways to use avocado crema. Basically, you just need to drizzle lots of the sauce on top of these recipes.
5 Ways to Use Avocado Crema:
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Tacos: These tacos are everything! They are made with homemade taco seasoning and lots of fresh ingredients like sweet potatoes, black beans, red onion, cilantro, jalapenos, and radishes. The best part is the avocado crema drizzle on top!
- Kale, Sweet Potato, and Black Bean Enchiladas: Crazy good enchiladas smothered with Velvety Avocado Salsa Verde and Chipotle Cashew Aioli. Loaded with fresh ingredients and tons of flavor. You will not believe how good they are.
- Loaded Nachos with Macadamia Nut Queso: Literally everything about these nachos is life changing. Nachos should be taken very seriously and trust me, these are no joke. Basically, they have all of the chips, toppings, seasonings, and queso you could ever want. Hence, “loaded”.
- Easy Skillet Chicken Fajitas Tacos: These incredibly easy tacos are full of bold flavors, vegetables, juicy, tender chicken, and black beans. I used the best homemade guacamole and chipotle cashew aioli in this recipe. No taco seasoning packet necessary; the seasoning in this recipe is simple but so delicious.
- Loaded Sweet Potato Black Bean Taquitos: These crispy, golden brown loaded sweet potato black bean taquitos are super crunchy on the outside but warm and molten on the inside. I felt like celebratory fireworks were going off in my mouth when I took the first bite. They’re crispy, salty, sweet, and spicy. SO YUMMY.
If you love Mexican food, download this FREE eCookbook with 10 of Our Favorite Mexican Recipes! You’ll also get access to our free library of resources including more eCookbooks, intuitive eating guides and more.
This fresh avocado crema is out of this world. You basically will want to put it on any and everything. It’s packed with fresh cilantro and flavored with garlic, lime juice, and jalapeños. The avocados make it oh so creamy.
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/2 cup tightly packed fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 slices jalapeno
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
Keywords: avocado crema, avocado sauce, cilantro sauce