These Chocolate Almond Butter Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats are made with just 5 ingredients and take 10 minutes to make! They are perfectly marshmallow-y and oozing a creamy almond butter filling. You will LOVE these rice crispy treats especially with a glass of milk!
- Melt the coconut oil in a large deep pot over medium heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until they are all melted and gooey.
- Remove from stove and add crisp rice cereal. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 2 8×8 baking dishes (lined with parchment paper if possible) and pat down with your hands.
- Let sit for a couple hours. Meanwhile, mix the nut butter with powdered sugar to thicken it.
- Cut each of the baking dishes into 9 rice krispie treats. Spread 9 of them with the chocolate almond butter mixture and place the other 9 on top.
- Add sprinkles on top (optional).
- If you only have one 8×8 baking dish, then put all of the rice krispie mixture into it. You can slice them in half after cutting them to fill them with nut butter.
- I used NuttZo Chocolate Power Fuel Nut Butter in this recipe because I love the subtle chocolatey flavor with rice krispie treats and their nut butters are my absolute favorite. You could also use plain almond or peanut butter and add cocoa powder. Just make sure to use less powdered sugar as the cocoa powder will also thicken the nut butters.
- If you don’t want to wait for the rice krispies to solidify before filling them with nut butter, you can go for it right away; it will just be messy!
Keywords: rice krispie treats, rice crispy treats, rice krispies, holiday desserts, christmas dessert