Unbelievably tasty chocolate chip banana bread donuts! Moist, fluffy and super chocolatey and they only take 10 minutes to bake!
- 1 cup peeled and mashed bananas (about 2 bananas)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (I used NuttZo’s Peanut Pro Smooth)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (half in the batter and half on top)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly whisk egg in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix just until everything is combined into a batter. Save half of the chocolate for putting on top.
- Spray donut pan with non-stick spray. Put the batter into a large plastic bag and cut the corner. Use the bag to pour the batter into each donut hole in a circle. Fill about 3/4 to the top. Top each of the donuts with the leftover chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 9-11 minutes (until center is no longer runny).
- These donuts are best warm so I recommend eating them shortly after baking. Or you can microwave them for 10-15 seconds to re-heat them and make the chocolate melty again.
- I used this mini donut pan but any donut pan works; you just might need to adjust the bake time accordingly.
- Store these donuts in the fridge to make them last longer.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate donuts, banana donuts, chocolate chip banana bread, banana bread donuts