You need this Creamy Coconut Milk Chicken Tikka Masala in your life! Imagine smothering a warm piece of garlicky naan bread in a creamy, tikka-licious (yep i just made that word up) sauce filled with juicy chucks of flavorful chicken. I am already dreaming about reliving the leftovers again tomorrow.
For the marinade:
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp tikka masala seasoning
- 1/2 can coconut milk
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp ghee or butter
- 1/2 medium white onion
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1.5 cans coconut milk
- 5 tsp tikki masala seasoning
- 2 tsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp salt
- cayenne pepper and extra salt to taste
- White rice, brown rice, cauliflower rice, or quinoa
- Garlic naan
- Fresh cilantro
- Cut chicken breasts into small to medium sized cubes. Marinate with the seasoning and coconut milk for about 12-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake the chicken (in the marinade) for about 30 minutes (or until cooked through).
- Meanwhile, dice the onion and saute in the ghee or butter on medium heat for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and reduce heat to medium-low. Stir and cook for about 2 more minutes. Add tikka masala seasoning and stir until fragrant.
- Cut the tomatoes into small pieces add it them to the pan. Cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a blender and blend until pureed.
- Transfer back to pan and immediately add coconut milk and stir until smooth.
- Add the cooked chicken (excluding the marinade juices) to the sauce.
- Add the arrowroot powder and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Serve over rice with garlic naan. Top with lots of fresh cilantro.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: tikka masala, chicken tikka masala, coconut milk