This Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Pasta Sauce will literally rock your world. Its insanely creamy and the fresh basil and sun dried tomatoes combination is to die for. Also, the nutritional yeast gives it that amazing cheesy flavor. Sometimes, I make this sauce using goat cheese or parmesan instead of the nutritional yeast. It just depends on what your body is craving in the moment!
This sauce is inspired by my Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Recipe which is also AH-MAZING. I originally made the pesto for pizza but then was like wait this would be soooo good on pasta. I realized it was a little too rich for pasta though, so I decided to make this super creamy rendition.
You can use this sauce for so many different things like:
- Pasta (I used Banza noodles this time but any noodles work)
- Toast or bruschetta
- Pizza or bread dipping sauce
- To add extra flavor and creaminess to soup
This creamy sun dried tomato pasta sauce will literally rock your world. Its insanely creamy and the fresh basil, sun dried tomatoes, and nutritional yeast combination is to die for. This easy, homemade sauce only takes 5 minutes to make!
- 1/4 cup & 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (or parmesan/goat cheese)
- About 8 fresh basil leaves
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
- This sauce is also really good as a spread on sandwiches or on toast!
- Category: Dinner, Sauce
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Sun dried tomato pasta, creamy pasta, sun dried tomato sauce