I took this Easy Pesto Pasta Salad to a picnic last weekend and it was the perfect dish. It’s super refreshing and flavorful, while still savory and filling. I also brought my Simple Grapefruit Basil Martini which was another crowd pleaser.
It’s so easy to make. Just pasta, cherry tomatoes, asparagus, and Arugula Basil Pesto. You can serve it hot or cold which makes it the perfect party or picnic dish.
I could not make a decision on what to bring to the picnic so I googled picnic recipe ideas. Luckily, I found Cookie & Kate’s Pesto Pasta Salad recipe and was quickly sold. I used asparagus instead of arugula and olives. Also, I used my own pesto recipe. However, I think arugula would have been a great addition to this recipe and I recommend throwing some in if you have some in the fridge.Print
This Easy Pesto Pasta Salad is the perfect party or picnic dish. It’s full of fresh, flavorful ingredients like cherry tomatoes, asparagus, and arugula all coated in a delicious basil pesto. This one’s definitely a crowd pleaser.
- 1 box pasta (I like to use spirals)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 cup Arugula Basil Pesto
- 1 pound of asparagus
- 2 cups arugula
- Turn oven on broil (high).
- Cook pasta according to package.
- Prepare Arugula Basil Pesto according to recipe (click the underlined link).
- Cut asparagus into bite-sized pieces and broil for 7 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pesto pasta, pasta salad, picnic recipe