These Easy Skillet Chicken Fajitas Tacos are are full of bold flavors. Including: peppers and onions, juicy, tender chicken, jalapeño, and black beans. Not to mention, they’re topped with the best homemade guacamole, chipotle cashew aioli, and fresh cilantro.
My Mexican Cauliflower Rice Skillet is the perfect side dish for this recipe. Or, you can put the cauliflower rice in with tacos for even more texture and flavor! After all, you can never have enough taco toppings.
This recipe doesn’t call for a taco or fajita seasoning packet. The spices and herbs in this recipe are simple but so delicious.
This recipe calls for:
- smoked paprika
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- fresh cilantro
You could even make the seasoning in bulk to store in your spice cabinet for next time!
For more yummy Mexican recipes, check these out:
- Loaded Sweet Potato Black Bean Taquitos
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Tacos with Avocado Crema
- 5 Minute Homemade Salsa
These incredibly Easy Skillet Chicken Fajitas Tacos are full of bold flavors, vegetables, juicy, tender chicken, and black beans. And they’re topped with the best homemade guacamole and chipotle cashew aioli. No taco seasoning packet necessary; the seasoning in this recipe is simple but so delicious.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1/2 diced jalapeño
- 1 14 oz bag frozen roasted pepper and onions
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- Corn tortillas
- Chipotle Cashew Aioli
- The Best Homemade Guacamole
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- fresh cilantro
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on the stove over medium heat. Add the diced onion and jalapeño. Cook for about 7 minutes or until jalapeño starts to brown.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken breasts into small bite-sized pieces. Add the chicken and seasonings to the skillet.
- Cook until chicken is about 3/4 done then add the peppers and onions.
- Once the chicken is white on the inside and the peppers and onions are tender, add the black beans.
- Stir and cook for about another minute or 2 just to warm up the black beans.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and warm up the tortillas. I like to cook mine until they’re a little crispy and starting to get brown spots.
- Serve fajitas mix over tortillas with Chipotle Cashew Aioli and The Best Homemade Guacamole.
- Top with fresh cilantro.
- I used Trader Joe’s frozen fire roasted peppers and onions in this recipe to keep it super easy but fresh works too. I would estimate this bag equates to about 3 peppers and 1/2 of a white onion.
- I was in the mood for corn tortillas when I made this recipe but you can use any kind of tortillas you like.
- I didn’t measure the Chipotle Cashew Aioli or The Best Homemade Guacamole because you should use as much or as little that sounds good to you! If you don’t have time to make these, you could use store bought guac and just add some cheese on top instead.
Keywords: fajitas tacos, skillet fajitas, cashew cheese