I LOVE CHICKPEAS. Especially in this Homemade Classic Chickpea Hummus recipe! I don’t know why but I feel like chickpeas taste superior to any other beans. And, they can blend well in basically any recipe. Does anyone else agree?
Hummus is one of my favorite snacks. This Homemade Classic Chickpea Hummus is soo yummy and has good staying power. To put it explicitly, it will keep you from getting hangry. I also love it with Falafel with Matcha Tahini Sauce or Falafel Quinoa Bowls with Creamy Avocado Tahini Sauce.
Another reason I love hummus is because you can whip it up in 5 minutes. Below are just a few basic ingredients in this Homemade Classic Chickpea Hummus recipe:
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
Once you have the basics, you can add any other flavorings/toppings that you like. For example, I added crispy oven roasted chickpeas on top of mine. Really though, the flavor options are endless.
Here are some other ingredients you could add it to flavor it up:
- Cilantro & jalepeno
- Avocado (for a super creamy hummus with a buttery taste/feel)
- Kale & artichokes
- Curry powder
- Roasted butternut squash
- Additionally, this Brit Co post has some really fun, unique hummus recipes.
I honestly haven’t found a chickpea recipe I don’t like. WHY are they SO good!? I especially love this hummus because it’s simple but really hits the spot when I am craving a good dipable snack. Literally takes 5 minutes to make and only 5 ingredients & 3 spices.
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 large garlic clove
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Rinse and strain chickpeas.
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and blend until desired texture is achieved.
- I like my hummus really thick but if you like yours a little lighter, feel free to add tablespoons of water until desired consistency is achieved.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: hummus, homemade hummus, chickpea hummus