This Homemade Peanut Butter with Cinnamon and Honey is ultra creamy and flavorful. It’s made with just 3 ingredients and is insanely easy to make. I love to drizzle this peanut butter on toast, sweet potatoes, dessert, smoothies, etc.
I am a sucker for all nut butters. Honestly, it is so amazing to me that somehow (like magic) crunchy whole nuts turn into this creamy, dreamy drizzling butter.
So how do you make homemade nut butter?
In all seriousness, all you have to do is roast the nuts in the oven for 5-10 minutes and then blend them in the food processor. Yep, it def sounds too good to be true but it’s not. I was literally taken aback when I made nut butter for the first time because it is unbelievably easy, sooo creamy and extra tasty.
What is peanut butter made out of?
So plain, authentic peanut butters will just have nuts and maybe some salt. That is ALL that is required. You can follow this recipe with just nuts and salt if you prefer. However, for this recipe, I added cinnamon and honey for some extra flavor ’cause cinnamon, honey and peanut butter belong together!
This Homemade Peanut Butter with Cinnamon and Honey is good on just about anything but some of my favorite ways to use peanut butter are:
- In smoothies
- On toast with banana slices
- On top of Loaded Sweet Potatoes
- As a dip for apples
- In cookies or baked goods (like The Best Homemade Chocolate Chip Banana Bread)
- In homemade granola (like my Maple Quinoa Granola)
- With yogurt bowls
- On pancakes (like these Sweet Potato Almond Flour Pancakes)
- In asian peanut sauces (don’t add the cinnamon and honey to this recipe if you are making an asian sauce or savory dish with it)
Does homemade peanut butter need to be refrigerated?
It depends how long you keep it. I don’t refrigerate mine because it stays creamier if you don’t. Usually, I go through it really quickly ’cause it’s sooo yummy so I don’t have issues with it going bad. It will last about a month in a cool, dark place (like a cabinet) which is usually plenty of time! However, if you rarely eat peanut butter, then you may want to keep it in the fridge.
If you like homemade nut butters, you should definitely try my Creamy Homemade Almond Butter (literally takes only 1 ingredient and 1 step to make it)!Print
This Homemade Cinnamon Honey Peanut Butter is ultra creamy and flavorful. It’s made with just 3 ingredients and is insanely easy to make. I love to drizzle this peanut butter on toast, sweet potatoes, dessert, smoothies, etc.
- 1 3/4 cups peanuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place peanuts flat on a sheet pan and bake for 7 minutes.
- Blend very soon after baking (the heat helps them break down) in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade peanut butter, peanut butter, creamy peanut butter