Jalapeño Broccoli Pasta is one of my all time favorite recipes.
Growing up, this was one of my mom’s go to recipes on nights when she didn’t really feel like cooking but wanted to make our family a yummy dinner. She usually made it with spaghetti noodles but I prefer spirals or bowties because the little crevices soak up more flavor. It’s good with pretty much any kind of pasta though. I used Banza Chickpea noodles this time but I’ve made it before with whole wheat noodles, white noodles, and red lentil noodles (you really can’t go wrong).
When my body is craving more vegetables, I will sometimes put the pasta over some spaghetti squash which is what I did this time. The subtle sweetness of the spaghetti squash helps to balance out the spicy jalapeños.
This Jalapeño Broccoli Pasta is actually sometimes even better the next day. I like to re-heat on the stove in olive oil and fresh garlic which makes it even more flavorful. It’s the perfect recipe for a dinner party or having friends over because you can make it early and then just re-heat it on the stove once it is time to eat!
Jalapeño Broccoli Pasta is one of my all time favorite recipes. The chicken, broccoli, jalepenos, and olive oil are amazing together. Growing up, this was one of my mom’s go to recipes on nights when she didn’t really feel like cooking but wanted to make our family a yummy dinner.
- 3 heads broccoli
- 1 box pasta (any kind you like)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 3 jalapeños
- olive oil
- Cut chicken breast into small bite sized pieces. Sauté on medium with olive oil, salt, pepper, and 2 of the minced garlic cloves until cooked through.
- Break broccoli up into bite sized pieces. While the chicken is cooking, sauté the broccoli in olive oil, salt, pepper, and the remained minced garlic clove.
- Cut the jalapeños in half lengthwise and then chop horizontally into small pieces. While the chicken and broccoli are cooking ,sauté on low to medium until they start to get a little brown and crispy.
- Cook pasta according to package.
- Once everything is cooked, combine in bowl and drizzle with olive oil until all of the pasta is lightly coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For extra flavor, top with parmesan cheese.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: spicy pasta, broccoli pasta, jalapeno pasta