FREE 3 Step Guide to Food and Body FreedomIf you’re ready to give up dieting (and all the stressful food rules and guilt that comes with it), check out my FREE 3 Step Guide to Food and Body Freedom! Finding food freedom allows you to make space in your life for the things that really matter: your relationships, personal growth, self-care and showing up for yourself and those in your life as your fullest authentic self.Click here to download your free guide (BONUS: free audio guide included)!If you love these taquitos, you definitely need to try these recipes too:
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Tacos with Avocado Crema
- Loaded Nachos with Macadamia Nut Queso
- Cauliflower Rice Fajita Bowl
- Beef and Cheese Taquitos
These crispy, golden brown loaded sweet potato black bean taquitos are super crunchy on the outside but warm and molten on the inside. I felt like celebratory fireworks were going off in my mouth when I took the first bite. They’re crispy, salty, sweet, and spicy. SO YUMMY.
For the taquitos:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp homemade taco seasoning
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1/2 red pepper (diced)
- 1/2 cup and 2 tbsp refried black beans (about half a can)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into very small pieces.
- Mix sweet potatoes with taco seasoning and lightly coat with olive oil.
- Bake the potatoes for about 25 minutes.
- Take the sweet potatoes out of the oven and reduce temperature to 350 degrees.
- Stack the corn tortillas up and wrap them in a damp paper towel or kitchen towel and microwave for a minute (until flexible and warm).
- Spread about 1 tbsp refried black beans in each tortilla. Evenly distribute the red pepper and sweet potatoes in each tortilla. Roll them up tightly and place them on a baking sheet.
- Brush each taquito generously with olive oil and bake for 15 minutes.
- When there’s about 5 minutes left, heat up a few tbsp olive oil on medium to high heat in a large skillet. Once the taquitos have baked for 15 minutes, brown them in the skillet for about 1-2 minutes on each side until they are golden and crispy.
- Top with the suggested or your favorite toppings.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: sweet potato taquitos, black bean taquitos, mexican recipe