This is the easiest matcha latte recipe ever! It literally takes just 3 minutes to make and only takes 4 ingredients. You will LOVE it!
I don’t know about you but when I wake up, I want my matcha STAT. I used to make a ridiculously complicated matcha recipe every morning and it took forever. I am not trying to work THAT hard when I first wake up…ya feel me?
I asked myself “what if it doesn’t have to be this complicated? how can I make this feel easy?”. By the way, these are questions I ask myself all the time. I am a big believer in that the quality of the questions you ask yourself determines the quality of your life. It’s seriously amazing what can change in your life when you start asking yourself better questions like these.
Once I asked myself these questions, I realized I didn’t need to be doing ALL THE THINGS to my matcha to make it taste good. I felt like I was making this crazy witches brew every morning, seriously. And using and cleaning my giant blender every morning just for matcha was a pain in my ass.
Now, I keep it to the bare minimum: almond milk, Rishi’s matcha powder (my FAV), cinnamon and honey. No blender. No crazy set up or clean up. Just my super easy to use handheld milk frother! AND it actually tastes better than when I used to go crazy bewitching my matcha lattes with all the powders and potions.
Honoring your body DOES NOT have to be that complicated. You don’t need crazy powders and potions. All you need is to listen to your body and focus on what FEELS GOOD. And for me, this matcha latte feels really freaking good. Now it’s your turn to put it to the test!
This post is sponsored by Rishi Tea. I only work with brands I trust, personally love and use in my own kitchen. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make it possible for Sunny Thymes to provide free content and inspiration.
If you love matcha like me, you’ll definitely want to check out these recipes too:
- Iced Lavender Matcha Latte
- Cinnamon Spice Matcha Smoothie
- Sweet Potato Bowl with Matcha Cilantro Pesto
Super easy matcha latte recipe! It literally takes just 3 minutes to make and you only need 4 ingredients. You will LOVE it!
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp matcha powder
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk (the thickest, creamiest kind you can find!)
- 1/2–1 tsp honey or maple syrup (to taste)
- 1/8–1/4 tsp cinnamon (to taste)
- Heat the cup of almond milk with the honey or maple syrup and cinnamon in a pot on the stove.
- Meanwhile, microwave 2 tbsp water in your mug then add the matcha powder. Use a milk frother or whisk to thoroughly blend the matcha with the water.
- Once the milk is hot, pour it over the water/matcha mixture.
- Do not overheat the milk or let it come to a boil; it tastes weird and can burn the matcha if you do. Take it off the stove before it boils and let it cool down if needed. Wait until it’s at a drinking temperature before mixing with the matcha.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: matcha latte, cinnamon matcha latte, easy matcha late, green tea latte, matcha powder