This Mexican Cauliflower Rice Skillet is the perfect side for any Mexican or Tex-Mex dish. Or, you could add some protein like chicken or shrimp. In this case, you’ve got yourself a meal. Better yet, you could serve this with my Easy Chicken Fajitas Skillet Tacos or Kale, Sweet Potato, and Black Bean Enchiladas.
This recipe is so easy, yet so flavorful. I used Trader Joe’s frozen cauliflower rice. I sautéed it with tomatoes, jalapeño, onion, and cilantro. And of course, an amazing blend of seasonings. It only takes 15 minutes!
I am on a serious Mexican/Tex-Mex kick right now. I just can’t get enough of the spicy, fresh flavors. Also, I LOVE cauliflower rice. By far, it’s my favorite way to eat cauliflower.Print
This Mexican Cauliflower Rice Skillet is the perfect side for any Mexican or Tex-Mex dish. Or, add some protein (better yet fajitas), and you’ve got yourself a meal. Sautéed with tomatoes, jalapeño, onion, cilantro, and an amazing blend of seasonings. So easy, yet so flavorful.
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower rice (12 oz)
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 diced jalapeño
- 1/4 diced white onion
- 1 tbsp packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- Sauté the diced onion and jalapeño in 1 tbsp of olive oil on medium to high heat for about 7 minutes (or until jalapeño is starting to brown).
- Add the cauliflower rice, tomatoes, cilantro, and seasoning.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until rice is hot and tender.
- I like Trader Joe’s frozen cauliflower rice because it’s cheap and easy but feel free to use any kind.
- I usually cook my cauliflower rice a little past the point of tender so it gets a little crispy!
- Category: Side
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: mexican rice, cauliflower rice, cauliflower rice recipe