How do you make a loaded sweet potato?
It is SO easy!!! Seriously, it’s about time you tried one….you will love it. Basically, you just cook a sweet potato and then load it up with your favorite toppings. By all means, get creative and don’t hold back on toppings 🙂
- Cook the Sweet Potato and cut down the middle (but not all they way down). You want it to stay connected like butterfly wings. You can microwave for 6-8 minutes. In order to prevent it from splitting open, make sure to poke holes in it before microwaving. Or, you can bake on 400 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- Next, you need to choose your toppings. You could go the sweet route like I did and put yogurt, granola, fruit, nut butters (like my homemade peanut butter or almond butter), honey, etc. On the other hand, you could go the savory route. There are endless options. You could load them up mexican style, with kale and chickpeas, with avocado and eggs (hello delish, savory breakfast!), with buffalo chicken and ranch, etc.
How do you caramelize banana slices?
This part is also super easy. Make sure you have a ripe banana (a little overripe should be okay. Cut it into slices. Then, heat up about a tablespoon of coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat until melted. Add the banana slices. Sprinkle with cinnamon (maybe some coconut sugar, maple syrup, or honey for extra sweetness). Lastly, cook on both sides until they are golden brown.
You can use caramelized banana slices for so many yummy treats. For example, you can put them in a yogurt bowl, over pancakes or toast (especially french toast), or on top of a smoothie bowl…..basically any sweet breakfast.
For the granola in this recipe, I used my Maple Quinoa Granola. If you have never made homemade granola, I highly recommend it. Unlike store bought granola, you get that freshly baked flavor and it is so much cheaper! Also, my Coconut Almond Butter Granola would go perfectly in this recipe!
If you want access to our exclusive free resource library, click the button below. You’ll get access to my FREE Introduction to Intuitive Eating Online Course, eCookbooks, intuitive eating guides & more!Print
This peanut butter banana loaded sweet potato is oozing with yogurt, granola, and the creamiest peanut butter. The bananas are perfectly caramelized in coconut oil. Super filling, satisfying breakfast but it’s good at any time of the day!
- Poke holes in the sweet potato and microwave until soft (about 6-8 minutes). Or, bake in the oven on 400 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once melted add the banana slices and cinnamon. Cook on both sides until golden.
- Cut the sweet potato open and top with yogurt, granola, bananas, and peanut butter.
- I used greek yogurt in this recipe but any yogurt works!
- I used my homemade peanut butter with cinnamon and honey but any nut butter works in this recipes.
Keywords: loaded sweet potato, breakfast idea, peanut butter banana