This warm, moist, decadent Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Bread covered in melted chocolate and packed with delicious flavors like cinnamon and vanilla. The almond butter gives it that perfect, almost fudgy texture. Also, it’s a perfect breakfast, dessert or snack!
I’m kind of obsessed with any sweet, chocolatey breads lately. I love to have a warm, melty chocolatey slice topped granola, fruit, etc. and drizzled with almond butter. Of course, I love it coupled with a glass of almond milk (and yes, there is dunking involved). This sweet potato chocolate chip recipe calls for almond butter but I feel like you can never have enough. So, I usually add some on top too! I used my homemade almond butter which is the CREAMIEST ever! However, you can use any super creamy nut butter in this recipe.
Can I use regular flour as a substitute for the coconut flour?
I recommend using coconut flour because it creates the texture and flavor I was going for in this recipe. But, with that being said, I don’t have anything against regular flour. I just go with what my body is craving at the moment and what feels right. I have not tried regular flour in this recipe but I’ve heard you should use a cup of flour for ever 1/4 to 1/3 cups of coconut flour. The coconut flour is super absorbent so you need a lot less of it for this recipe. Let me know how it goes if you try it!!
Lastly, if you are a bread/chocolate/nut butter lover like me, you should check out these other recipes too:Print
This warm, moist, decadent Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Bread covered in melted chocolate and packed with delicious flavors like cinnamon and vanilla. The almond butter gives it that perfect, almost fudgy texture. It’s a perfect breakfast, dessert or snack!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Poke holes in the sweet potato and microwave for about 6-8 minutes, until soft. Remove the peel. Make sure you have about 3/4 cup.
- Blend sweet potato and almond milk in a food processor until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the remaining ingredients (only half of the chocolate chips) and mix well. Transfer to a bread pan and top with the leftover chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 40 minutes (until cooked through and golden).
- Store in the fridge.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chip bread, sweet potato bread, sweet potato