What flour should you use in chocolate chip banana bread?I love to use almond flour which is what I use in this recipe. Almond flour makes it a little extra fluffy and gives it a subtle nutty flavor! However, I know a lot of people love to bake with good ole white flour. I say go with whatever tastes and feels good for you!!
Can banana bread be made with fresh bananas?I don’t recommend it. It’s definitely better to use super spotty, mushier bananas for banana bread. If you have some that are just beginning to speckle, they should work okay. But, for the best results, you want to use super spotty ones. If you need to ripen some bananas last minute, this article tells you how you can do it!
Where should you store chocolate chip banana bread?It goes bad pretty quickly in the pantry or on the counter so I definitely recommend storing it in the fridge! Mine is usually good for at least a week. I prefer my banana bread warm when I eat it though so I’ll use heat up a slice in the oven or microwave before eating. This way, it gets warm with melty chocolate again.
If you like this bread, you should try some of my other favorite bread recipes:
- Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Bread
- The Best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Sweet Potato Almond Flour Bread
Want to learn more about intuitive eating?Click here to download my free 3 step guide to food and body freedom (BONUS: free audio guide included)!Print
This Tahini Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is literally the best banana bread ever! It’s perfectly moist and extra chocolatey! I made it with tahini which gives it extra flavor and density. I honestly can’t even put into words how good a warm slice is topped with almond butter, honey, chocolate and banana.
- 3 eggs
- 2–3 spotty mashed bananas (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/3 cup and 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup chocolate chunks or chips (1/2 for the batter and 1/2 for topping)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl. Add remaining in ingredients and mix well.
- Grease bread pan with coconut oil and pour the batter into it. Top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 35 minutes then cover with tin foil and bake another 20 minutes. Let it set for a bit before removing from the bread pan.
- I used a cut up chocolate bar instead of chocolate chunks or chips since I didn’t have any but either works!
- The reason I cover it with tin foil part of the way through baking is so that the inside continues to cook but the outside doesn’t burn!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana bread, tahini bread, chocolate chip banana bread