This is The Best Homemade Guacamole! I’d choose it any day over my favorite Mexican restaurant’s guac.
The Best Homemade Guacamole recipe is one of my friend’s and family’s favorites (including mine). I get asked to make it all the time and it never lasts on the table more than 5 minutes. My friends came over last night for fajitas and this bowl was empty in a hot second.
I don’t use lime because I think it overpowers the other flavors in guacamole but feel free to add a little if you like it. Lime definitely helps keep your guacamole from turning brown but you likely won’t have that problem because the odds of you have leftovers are slim.
I also use red onion instead of white because I like it better and love the added color but either works in this recipe.
I accidentally used both jalapeño and cayenne pepper but ending up loving the extra spiciness. Feel free to exclude one or both of those ingredients if you are not a fan of spicy foods. The creamy avocado definitely balances out the spice though.
This is The Best Homemade Guacamole! I’d choose it any day over my favorite Mexican restaurant’s guac. This recipe is one of my friend’s and family’s favorites (including mine). I get asked to make it all the time and it never lasts on the table more than 5 minutes.
- 2 medium & 3 small ripe avocados (or use about 4 medium avocados)
- 1 diced jalepeno
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (tightly packed)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground corriander
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional based on how spicy you like it)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix. I like my guacamole super chucky so I only mix it enough to combine the ingredients but feel free to mix until you get your desired texture.
- Category: Sauce
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: guacamole, homemade guacamole, chunky guacamole