This is THE CREAMIEST butternut squash sage pasta ever. It only takes 20 minutes to make but tastes like you worked on it all day. It’s drenched in the most silky, delicious, comforting sauce that is made with butternut squash, sage, nutritional yeast, garlic, macadamia nuts, and seasoning.
- 2/3 cup roasted butternut squash
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried sage
- 3/4 cup arugula
- 1 8 oz box pasta
- Cook pasta according to package.
- Combine all ingredients (besides arugula and pasta) in a food processor and blend until super creamy.
- Pour sauce over cooked noodles and mix in the arugula.
- Feel free to add chicken or a turkey burger to this recipe if you are craving some meat. I usually eat this pasta with a Trader Joe’s turkey burger and it’s so yummy!
- If you need to roast your squash, peel and cut it into small cubes. Drizzle with olive oil and bake on 400 degrees for about 30 minutes (or until you can easily pierce with fork).
- I used Banza pasta but feel free to use any pasta you like. I like to change up the kind of pasta I use often (chickpea noodles, lentil noodles, wheat noodles, regular white noodles, etc).
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: butternut squash pasta, creamy pasta, cheesy pasta