Does anyone else like green salsa over red any day? I do! Either way though, this Velvety Avocado Salsa Verde is THE BEST. Made with tomatillos, jalapeno, onion, cilantro, lime, and garlic. Also, don’t forget the avocado which gives it that amazing smooth, velvety feel on your tongue.
This sauce is especially perfect for my Kale, Sweet Potato, and Black Bean Enchiladas. I also pair it with my Chipotle Cashew Aioli for that recipe which you have to try! You can use this Velvety Avocado Salsa Verde in lots of other ways too:
- As salsa with tortilla chips
- In an casserole like Damn Delicious’ Quinoa Enchilada Casserole
- Sauce over rice
- Over eggs for breakfast
- With nachos
- Dip for quesadillas
- Lastly, as a taco salad dressing
To sum it up, this sauce can be used in just about any Mexican recipe to make it AMAZING.
Lastly, you can download a FREE eCookbook with this recipe and 9 of our other favorite colorful, delicious Mexican recipes here!Print
This Velvety Avocado Salsa Verde is the key to making killer Mexican recipes. Made with tomatillos, jalapeño, onion, cilantro, lime, and garlic. Don’t forget the avocado which gives it that amazing smooth, velvety feel on your tongue.
- 3 tomatillos
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 large avocado
- 1 tbsp chopped white onion
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1/4 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove
- Broil jalapeño and tomatillos on high until they start to blacken on top (about 9 minutes). Flip halfway through.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth (a little chunky is okay if you like it).
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: salsa verde, avocado sauce, homemade salsa